Monday, March 16, 2009

NETS-T3

The NETS Standard this week states that teachers exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society. I'm choosing to discuss indicator A: Teachers demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.

I think a great way to transfer current knowledge through technologies is with a Wiki. This is what I am doing for my project. I am creating a kind of traveling through art and time Wikispace. This allows me to post information that I already know in place that is open for students (or anyone) to use as a resource. I plan on using different and credible art history books and websites to help me present my information in a correct manner. The MET's website is great and I've found that PBS has a great contemporary art website. This Wikispace is a work in progress, so I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Dana,

    What a great idea for the use of a wikispace. I, too, am developing a wikispace for my students to collaborate and share ideas for their literature groups for sixth grade language arts. When do you plan on having your wikispace up and running? I hope to have my classroom wikispace in use sometime in April. I'm be shadowing your efforts!

    ReplyDelete