Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First Webinar Experience

So I finally was able to watch a webinar.  I didn't do the one on Discovery Streaming because I got called to sub (I wanted the money....), so I found one on Google's Picasa program.  I was really interested to learn something about this because I have used PhotoShop before and I've wondered how similar these programs are.  The webinar I watched was taped from March 19th. It went through a lot of different features that you can use, like editing photos, making collages, and creating movies.  It all seemed relatively easy (I can't wait to try it) and the best part is that it is free!  All you have to do is download the program and you're set.  You don't even need the internet to edit and make collages with your photos.  Some of the features are actually very similar to PhotoShop, which is nice because PhotoShop and Adobe Creative Suite are extremely expensive and this would be a nice option for a digital photography class.  It would have been nice to see this live, so I could have asked questions, but a lot of things that I wanted to ask were asked in the chat box.  

P.S. - This blog that I found the webinar on has a lot of other webinars and technology tools for educators.  There's a lot of helpful and interesting information on it.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds cool, Dana!

    I love that you recognize how this program could help students of all socio-economic backgrounds. Lots of people assume every Mason student is wealthy and can afford all this technology. Ain't so.

    Now, Ms. art teacher, if you could just teach me how to draw (small children run screaming when they see my "drawings". Yes, I'm that bad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana-To me nothing is relatively easy concerning technology. It was invented after I got out of school. However, there is software out there which is user-friendly but still so much of it is developed with my nine-year old son in mind, totally disregarding my handicap. Where's the logic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana,
    I didn't realize that Google offered so much. I found a couple of Google features. Did you know that their was a Google Teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana,

    It sounds like you had a wonderful experience. What was the URL for the blog? I would love to view the blog and investigate the possible webinars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana,

    This program sounds fantastic! I think I might download it myself for my own personal enjoyment/photos. It has been great hearing your "creativity" perspective throughout the semester, and I wish you luck on the job front!

    ReplyDelete