Tuesday, February 10, 2009

NETS-T1

The NETS standard we covering this week is "Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity" which states that teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to facilitate experiences that advance student learning, creativity, and innovation in both face-to-face and virtual environments. The indicator I am choosing to discuss is C: promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students' conceptual understanding and thinking, planning, and creative processes.

In the a high school art classroom, it is important for students to plan, think, and collaborative creatively.  When students are planning for a project it really helps to be able to bounce ideas off of other people and discuss what you are planning to do.  This is also a good skill to use in the future.  There is a website called deviantart.com where artists from all over can post their own artwork to the web so people can view and comment on it.  This is a great place for students to go for ideas.  I'm currently at a school and the website is blocked, however, the site has it's own safety settings so that a teacher could have it set up.  So students can go here to get ideas, while they could also post their own artwork to see what other artists and viewers have to say about.  

I think it would also be a great idea for students to be able to have a discussion board somewhere online.  I'm not sure if you can set one up on ProgressBook, but they have them on BlackBoard at Miami.  This way, groups could get together online to discuss a certain topic on a certain subject.  Again, I'm not sure of a specific site to use, but I'm pretty sure this is possible.  

1 comment:

1. Wikispaces and Edline both support online discussion.

I think technology is also a great medium for the creation of collaborative digital art. The power of technology is especially evident in creative fields such as industrial design, advertising, TV and Film production.

ReplyDelete